All registered medical student members are eligible for applying to our mentoring program. Medical students who would like to be matched with a physician mentor are encouraged to apply. Our team will match students with available mentors on a rolling basis. New mentors are continuously joining the SAMSA network! Thank you for your patience as we work to match you with a mentor.
Benefits of signing up for our mentoring program include:
- Gain practical advice, encouragement and support.
- Learn from the experiences of others.
- Increase your social and academic confidence.
- Become more empowered to make decisions.
- Develop your communication, study and personal skills.
We are always looking for new mentors. MS4 students & physicians, please consider joining!
We are looking for two types of mentors: MS4 students and physicians in the United States:
- MS4 students will be mentors for MS1/MS2 students
- Physicians will be able to choose the type of mentorship they would like to offer
We are looking for mentors who can spend at least 2-4hrs/month to:
- Establish mentoring agreements that outline the terms of the relationship
- Communicate with mentees regularly, as established by the mentoring agreement
- Provide advice, coaching, and/or feedback to mentees on a regular basis
- Maintain confidentiality within mentoring relationships
“In learning you will teach, and in teaching you will learn.”Phil Collins