Welcome! The South Asian Medical Student Association (SAMSA) is a national organization founded by 5 medical students at 4 medical schools who saw the need for a coalition to unify medical students advocating for health in the South Asian community. We are committed to supporting medical students, promoting research initiatives, and advocating the needs of the South Asian American community.
The South Asian Medical Student Association (SAMSA) is a national organization dedicated to unifying medical students and promoting South Asian health initiatives across the United States of America.
- To support medical students in their medical education
- To promote research surrounding issues related to South Asian health and wellness
- To encourage advocacy on culturally competent care and racial health care disparities
- To develop a mentorship network for medical students
- To promote discussion of South Asian health and culture in medical education curriculum
- To develop a network of medical students with a common goal to address South Asian health in the United States
Meet our national leadership board and learn about opportunities to join our team!